Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So You Had a Bad Day

I am back-dating this post to explain my Tuesday. If it sounds like I am being intentionally ambiguous, it's because I am.

My Tuesday started with some real concerns about where things in my life were headed. By the end of work, I had at least sorted out some of the reasons for fearing the worst, thankfully. Still, any time something comes along with enough inertia to knock me off course or at least give me pause like that, I tend to stop and reflect. Questions like "Am I doing the right thing?", "Is this what I am meant to be doing?" or "Where do I go from here?" pop into my mind. I think it is healthy to have a little self-reflection now and then, and it doesn't always have to be positive. I spent a lot of time reflecting Monday and Tuesday night. There are still no clear answers. Is that a good thing? Time will tell. For now, I know I have some things to consider, and I still have a bit of a waiting game to play with regard to my business. We still have to wait a week and a half for the results of our bid from last month. Fingers are crossed, prayers uttered, and shooting stars have been wished on... and time goes on.

My apologies if this post makes no sense to anyone but me. I just had to write my thoughts down somewhere, and what better place than for all the world to see?

-- Robert

P.S. I have often enjoyed playing the song "So You Had a Bad Day" when bad things happen, thus the title.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, in the immortal words of Tom Petty: the waiting is the hardest part.

:)

Robert said...

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait........

Yes, waiting can be the hardest part. So can the feeling that you're only waiting to find out that the light at the end of the tunnel is just a train coming the other way.

Hopefully, though, things are not so grim as that.