Monday, February 9, 2009

Apology - A Good Sign

Today I received an email from one of the schools I have heard from apologizing for their slowness. The letter explained the financial strain creating greater scrutiny on all expenses, which makes for a slower decision process. The rest of the letter, though, really meant a lot to me:

" I apologize for the slowness of the process. It does not represent any lack of interest on our part. As we discussed on the phone, we are extremely interested in you. Your background managing a small business, grades, test scores, the way you present yourself on the phone and the way you have gathered information on academic research make you a leading candidate in my view."

I appreciate such candor. I also have a feeling that other schools might have similar feelings, which gives me great hope for my future prospects. Next week should be very enlightening.

-- Robert

No comments: