Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Impressions

We rolled into town yesterday before it was dark, so we got to see the lay of the land a bit. It looks a lot like my wife's home region, minus the mountains. The campus has many beautiful buildings, and there certainly seem to be some nice things about it at first glance. Tomorrow I will see the inside of the business school and really get to see what I think about this potential future work place. We went to church with the student who helped me decide to apply here and saw a professor I had met at the Academy of Management Conference last year. We also checked out some homes and found the price/value to be quite favorable. We can get a lot for the money here, in other words. This town definitely shows promise.

-- Robert

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Like I said. Nice, but very flat. :) And brown.

Glad you liked it there.

Robert said...

Really, it's not much flatter than where we live now, and the brown is a relative thing. We really enjoted our visit. I think there will be more to say about it soon.