Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Son

To my wonderful boy,

Happy Birthday. I love you and your sister very much, but this post is for you.

I enjoy the sheer joy with which you meet life every day. I love the way you try to protect your sister, and the way you love to be where she is. I love your compassionate heart. I love the mischievous grin you get when you're about to do something you know you shouldn't (or even when you're just having a lot of fun). That grin certainly helps me know you're up to something, but mostly it's just cute. I know with your blond hair, blue eyes, and great smile you will steal many girls' hearts one day. But you probably won't even know it, because you don't worry a lot about what other people think. You're fearless. You want to be where the action is. You also want to know how things work. Your curiosity might seem troublesome now, but I know it will take you far in life. I hope you never lose it. I look forward to seeing you grow up even more. Every day you have been in my life has been great.

Thank you for being my son.

Love, Dad

4 comments:

le35 said...

Thanks for writing this post. I love our boy, too! My post about his b-day will come tomorrow.

Melissa said...

Happy bday little guy! You're a lucky kid to have such great parents. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this. Thanks for sharing.

Robert said...

Thanks, Natasha.