Friday, June 27, 2008

Email Can Be Just As Neat As Real Letters

Lately, anytime I get an email about schools, I feel like I'm back in high school waiting to see if I got the scholarship or got into the school. We worked so hard yesterday to get the house ready, and we are down to the very last items to bring out and check off the to do list. So when I got an email stating that my official score report was available, I was excited. Since I already knew the scores of the bulk of it, the only thing that really would be news is my writing score. Still, I felt a little anticipation as I clicked on the link, only to be reminded of the authentication code that came with the unofficial score report. My wife ran to get it so I could tap it in, and the anticipation just grew and grew. I kept thinking "Wow, I thought the score wouldn't be ready for two to three weeks" and "I wonder if schools are already receiving it somehow." My mind raced and raced until....

finally...

Oh, it was almost unbearable by then...

She found it! And I punched in the code...

And I laughed.

The writing portion was the same, just as my overall score had been. Still, I am glad. I did not expect to improve there, nor am I disappointed. I am satisfied that my score will not hurt my chances of getting in anywhere I apply.

-- Robert

1 comment:

le35 said...

Way to go with the scores. And I hope that the schools are as excited as you are.